It’s a New Year, what a perfect time to create new habits that help us live a more abundant and joyful life.
I brought on Amy E. Smith, a certified confidence coach, masterful speaker, and personal empowerment expert. Founder of joyjunkie.com and The Joy Junkie Show, Amy uses her role as coach, writer, podcaster, and speaker to move individuals to a place of radical personal empowerment and self-love.
We dive into the conversation of people pleasing and creating healthy boundaries. With the holidays behind us, we can now start to tune into our behaviors that might be unhealthy for us to live our most joyful life. Amy discusses why people pleasing is an unhealthy behavior, why we must set healthy boundaries, and how we can live our truth and use our voice assertively.
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Stop People Pleasing: Communicate With Confidence And Set Healthy Boundaries”
We all are aware that sometimes we people please to avoid arguments, to get what we want, or simply because we want to be accepted. Although people pleasing does not serve you or anyone else. Learn how you can avoid behaviors that hinder you from living your most joyful life and using your voice assertively to set more healthier boundaries.
Questions I ask:
- Why are people so stuck in the constant cycle of people pleasing?
- Why is people pleasing so detrimental to a persons health and to their relationships?
- What is the difference between wanting to be nice to people and people pleasing, and how can we recognize the difference?
- How do we even find our truth and learn to speak it?
- How can people pleasers start to incorporate boundaries when they are used to not having any?
- How to set new boundaries in long term relationships
- How to deliver a message with confidence and assertiveness
“You are responsible for your intention, not your reception”
If you were to write your life’s story. What would be a piece of advice you would share to others on the first page?
What does a passionate purposeful life look like to you?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!