This is the first episode I am talking with my guest about the Coronavirus and how today’s episode is exactly what might be needed for many at this time. Please welcome my guest, Doug Bopst. We discuss how we can reinvent ourselves and start a new life. Doug is an award-winning personal trainer, author, speaker and business owner. Those credentials and accolades are a result of his own transformation. He is a former felon and drug addict, sentenced to months in jail due to being found guilty of “possession with intent to sell.” He chose to use his time locked in a small cell to beat his demons and reinvent himself thanks to a combination of faith, family and fitness. He has been featured nationally in media outlets such as the Today Show, Mens Health, Goalcast, Thrive Global and much more. We discuss how his journey might be different than ours, although some or many might be needing to reinvent themselves at a time like this. So not to delay any further, let’s get to it…
Now let’s talk about this subject:
“Reinventing Yourself And Starting A New Life, Even During The Coronavirus”
This is a time many of us might be needing to reinvent ourselves or start a whole new life. More than ever we need to find strengh in our struggle and take action towards the life we are wanting to create. There is no better time to focus on what we can control. Doug Bopst a former felon turned fitness trainer helps us redirect our lives with right tools that can change our lives for the better.
Questions I ask:
- How can we stop ourselves from using a crutch to surpress ours fears, struggles, and anxiety?
- How can we best use a struggle as a strength to create a new life?
- How to deal with stress in a healthy or unhealthy way
- Turning a negative into a positive?
- How can we best avoid self sabotage?
- Making peace with your past?
- How do you continue to push yourself through hard times?
- How to pivot your life and form a new identity?
- How fitness has impacted your life on a deeper level?
- How did you use faith to strengthen you and what is faith to you?
- How did you change your environment to serve you?
- Building confidence when we accomplish a goal
- using fitness as a tool to make you mentally stronger as well
“Life is about choices”
If you were to write a book on your life’s story (which you have). What would be a piece of advice you would share with everyone on the first page?
What does a passionate purposeful life look like to you?
Resources included in episode
Inspired? Please subscribe and leave a review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
If you are on this journey too, help me find you and hashtag #Passionlovepursuit . This is an incredible journey. Let’s keep this pursuit in action!